At TVBF we run activities for young people at Sunday mornings services, Youth Club on Friday evenings and occasional socials on Sunday evenings. Details about when the groups meet and what they do are given below. For more information please contact Laura Patterson
- You can download an Impact Invite to print off and give to your friends about our periodic Sunday morning event for all the youth at TVBF.
On Sunday mornings, during the latter parts of the main services in both Towcester and Weston there is around an hour of interactive learning and sharing time, for all children and young people. We use stories, creative work, activities, drama and games to build a faith and understanding of the things of God, principally by discovering what the Bible says and relating this to the children’s lives.
Sunday School is co-ordinated by Laura Patterson.
There is a crèche available at Towcester for the under 3’s and runs during the latter part of the Sunday morning service.
Two groups meet on Friday evenings, in venues around Towcester. The Junior group is for years 3-6 and the Senior group for years 7-11.
Every summer we run a Holiday Club, fun activities with Christian input.
Please contact Laura for more information about Youth Club.
In 1999, 2002 and 2007 a number of the youth, along with other people in the church went on short-term mission trips to Romania, Ukraine and Kosovo. You found out more information about the people and organisations we support overseas on the Worldwide Mission page.
Midweek there are groups that are designed to help the youth get to know more about God, the Bible, the world and each other. The youth cells are led by young people with support from an adult leader and are for those in school years 7 and up.
Please contact Laura Patterson for more information about Youth Cells.
Aims of our Youth Work
At Tove Valley Baptist Fellowship we aim to:
Provide a safe, caring, loving, yet challenging environment in which children and young people encounter God and respond positively to the Gospel of Jesus. Through sound Bible teaching, positive relationships and personal examples, as well as actively teaching God’s values, we aim to lead children and young people towards personal faith and growth into Christian maturity. We recognise that children and young people have an important role to play in the life of the church and of the community.
We recognise that children and young people are part of our fellowship today. They have much to give as well as receive. We will listen to them as we disciple them in Christian teaching and values, as well as in community life, we will respect their wishes and feelings.
As members of Tove Valley Baptist Fellowship, we commit ourselves to the discipling, protection and safekeeping of all, especially our children and young people.
- We recognise that it is the responsibility of each one of us to safeguard children and young people from physical, sexual, spiritual and emotional abuse, as well as neglect, and to report any abuse discovered or suspected.
- We recognise that our work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole church.
- We are committed to support, resource and train those who work with children and young people. We are committed to following the Baptist Union of Great Britain’s booklet Safe to Grow. This draws upon the 13 recommendations set out in the Home Office Code of Practice Safe From Harm.
- View our current policy for safeguarding children and young people here: Safeguarding Policy TVBF September 2014
Please contact Laura Patterson for more information on any youth activity.